Refinance, Leasing & Loans100% Application Acceptance
All Credit Types Accepted
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- ZIP Code*
Auto Loans With No Down Payment
If a zero down car loan is what you are looking for, we can match you with a lender who can give you an affordable interest rate even if you have bad credit.
Valley Auto Loans specializes in Quickly finding you an auto loan with no down payment and monthly payments that fit your budget. Our smartphone application makes applying online fast and easy!
Finding the Correct No Down Payment Car Loan For Your New Car
Using an auto loan broker like Valley Auto Loans means your application is reviewed by many of our financial lenders. We do our best to see you are matched with a lender that is willing to meet your needs and budget for zero down car deals.
Finding the best 0 down payment car loan for your new car is our specialty. You are offered the correct auto loan terms for your request for cars with no down payment without having your credit checked over and over by different companies.
If you car shop at car dealers who offer zero money down car sales you will probably not have a choice when it comes to your loan financing terms. You will most likely have to take what they offer to get the zero money down deal.
Shopping for a used car with bad credit and no money down? No problem.
Buying a car with bad credit and no money down is one thing. But you will also want an auto loan lender who can get you low car payments even with bad credit.
Some zero money down car dealers offer some of the highest interest rates on low credit score auto loans because bad credit loans is not their specialty.
At Valley Auto Loans, we believe that you should shop for a 0 down car loan the same way you would if you were looking for a good deal on a new car.
Choose your car loan from as many offers as you can and select the best one.
As a car loan broker, we will do the work for you. We will review you application with many of our select lenders who will offer you their best no down payment car loans with easy terms and best monthly car payments. Then you decide if it is the loan you want for your car with no down payment. Its that simple.
- 1 Auto Loans With No Down Payment
- 1.1 Finding the Correct No Down Payment Car Loan For Your New Car
- 1.2 Our Application Process For 0 Money Down Car Loans
- 1.3 Zero Down Car Loan Advantages
- 1.4 So where is the zero down car loan advantages?
- 1.5 What About Zero Down Auto Refinancing for Cash Back?
- 1.6 Use Rebates for Zero Down Car Deals
- 1.7 Zero Down Car Dealer Disadvantages
- 1.8 The Value of No Down Payment Cars Can Fall Fast
- 1.9 0 Down Cars From Dealer Car Lots: Overview
- 1.10 I Cannot Afford A Down Payment
- 1.11 How Do Zero Down Auto Loans Work?
- 1.12 0 Down Cars & Trade-Ins
- 1.13 Later Expenses
- 1.14 Zero Down Car Financing Lenders
- 1.15 Tips For Choosing The Best Car Loan
- 1.16 Beware of Dealer Financing
- 1.17 Zero Down Car Dealers, Marketing Ploy
- 1.18 No Down Payment Car Loans: The Bottom Line
- 1.19 Car Finance For Good Credit
Our Application Process For 0 Money Down Car Loans
- Fill out an application online and enter the amount you desire for a down payment. (For 0 Down Cars, put a zero)
- Your application is reviewed by lenders who fit your requirements, and they respond back directly to you with a loan offer for your no down payment car loan request.
- You can review the loan offer and decide if you like the terms of the offer. There is no obligation to accept the offer.
- We have 100% application acceptance, and we never charge an application fee.
- Most of our lenders base your 0 down payment car loan on your ability to pay the loan back and do not rely on just your credit score. This allows us to have a higher success rate in finding you the best zero down car loan for your situation.
Zero Down Car Loan Advantages
The first advantage a person thinks of when looking at a Zero Down Car Loan is that they will not have to put up any money to buy a car.
The truth is that most car dealers who advertise “0 Down Auto Loans” require you to qualify for their cars with no down payment program. This means you will need a high credit rating and good auto loan history. Most who qualify for a zero down car loan could afford a down payment.
Those who cannot, probably won’t qualify for the better rates, but you could still get a loan without the down payment if you are willing to pay a higher APR.
Many who apply for a no money down car loan find themselves in need of a car as soon as possible. They have lost their transportation and don’t have time to save up a down payment.
So where is the zero down car loan advantages?
With 0 down payment cars, the down payment one would typically pay is instead structured into the car loan. Outwardly this seems to be more expensive over time but remember that you are borrowing money for the car and the down payment.
Other types of the dealer offered no down payment car loans are through “trade equity” and “vehicle rebates” (new automobiles).
What About Zero Down Auto Refinancing for Cash Back?
People who need to get the equity out of their car for unexpected bills need a zero down loan so they can get the most money available from their car.
It is typical for people needing money to refinance their car for cash out instead of getting a personal loan. Personal loans carry higher Interest rates and high monthly payments compared to “no down payment car refinancing.”
Personal loans can provide larger amounts of money than most fast cash or payday loans can without a down payment. However, refinancing your car can provide the same cash in your pocket as a personal loan but at a much lower APR.
Planning and taking steps towards a divorce or a divorce with child custody is extremely expensive. We have helped many people get the money they need fast. 0 down refinancing can supply money for lawyer retainer fees, other legal fees or anything that requires a large amount of cash fast.
Lets look at some 0 down car refinancing facts:
- Your Cars Equity Value- can only be converted to cash if the customer has a vehicle of some value to refinance. Compare the resale value of your car to what you still owe. The difference is your equity. Simply put, you can reclaim this cash by refinancing your car.
- Cash or Down payment?- Equity can be used as a down payment for a new car loan. If the car is not worth the entire down payment, the dealer will show the full amount needed and roll the remainder into the car loan. Refinancing your car loan can convert this equity to usable cash
- Lower your payments- No money down car refinancing can lower your monthly car payments while the loan puts money back into your pockets by extending your loan terms. No down payment for a car is required with most car refinancing.
Use Rebates for Zero Down Car Deals
The dealer can apply dealer or customer rebates to the 0 down payment car loan as a down payment replacement. This will reduce the amount of the loan and satisfy the lender looking for a down payment.
A fact of nature is that a new car loses 20% to 25% of its value practically the minute you drive the vehicle off the lot. 1 If the no money down car loan was for the full price of the car, the customer would be paying for a loan that is 20% to 25% more than the value of the car.
With a down payment, either from a trade-in or cash-back rebate, the amount of the loan is more in line with the actual value of the car.
This depreciation value is why lenders request a minimum down payment amount of 20%.
Zero Down Car Dealer Disadvantages
Rolling some of the down payment into the loan doesn’t seem so bad, in fact, it seems like a good deal if you need a car fast. However, there are 0 down cars offered at car dealer lots that can cost the buyer much more in the long run.
Car dealer scams presented to you by dealerships when working on the funding, do not seem to be car scams at all.
Many people do not understand the intricacies of interest rates and their impact on a zero down car financing loan. The problem comes later when you are trying to pay off the loan.
No Money Down Car Dealers work no down payment scams all the time.
The zero down car dealers will convince the buyer that driving a car off the lot in exchange for nothing is a magnificent deal. People can get the impression that no money down cars from dealers are easier to get, and all they have to do is qualify for financing. These scams are usually aimed at people with good credit who could afford a down payment.
Even car buyers with good credit will consider a car finance deal like this to get no money down vehicles without saving a down payment. If they used a car payment calculator to check the finance offer they would see how much money they stand to loose.
The Value of No Down Payment Cars Can Fall Fast
Without making a down payment, the buyer may take three years just to cut the loan in half. If you make a down payment up front, the amount owed in three years can be significantly reduced and, often, the loan can be completely repaid in a little more than three years.
An easy way to estimate your costs for no down payment car loans is to use an auto loan payoff calculator. This will show you your payments with no money down or how your payments will change over the term of the loan by putting up a small down payment.
For college students, that can mean the difference of having the no money down car loan to pay back as well as the school loan at the end of three years. The higher the interest rate, the longer it will take to repay the car loan with no down payment. This is because the monthly payments are going towards the interest on the loan and not the principal. If the principal is not paid down, this can go on for years.
0 Down Cars From Dealer Car Lots: Overview
No down payment car advertisements on the television, the internet, radio, and newspapers promise consumers that they can get a new car with zero down payment or no money down.
Zero down with bad credit
People with bad credit can find themselves in need of a car when they least expect it. Their old car breaks down and can’t be fixed or will cost more than it is worth. It could also be that they lost a car in a recent auto accident.
No money down bad credit car loans can seem like a good answer but how easy is it to get a car with no money down and bad credit?
Many are buying a car for the first time and need a car to get to a new job, and no money down car loans will save them from having to come up with a down payment but they haven’t built any credit history yet so they have a low credit rating.
Americans simply don’t have that much money in liquid assets, and they do not have the money for a down payment and need transportation. For this reason, many people find themselves going to Bad Credit No Money Down Car Dealerships. They need the option of zero down used cars.
With Bad Credit, A Down Payment Is Recommended
0 down cars sound great, at first, because down payments are usually 15%-20% of the price of the car.
According to Edmunds.com, conventional wisdom is that 20 percent is what many financial advisers recommend as a down payment when purchasing a vehicle.
This may not be possible for everyone with bad credit yet, most buyers who put up a down payment is at an average of 12 percent. However, there are some things to consider before jumping into a quote on a 0 down payment car loan. We want you to have a better understanding of how an approved zero down car loan looks over the life of your car loan.
Before you start shopping for your next car you should check out our “New Car Buying Guide” that will help you recognize dealer scams and negotiate the best price with a car dealer. Remember, if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on a car than negotiating a lower price is most important.
What is an acceptable minimum down payment
According to Bankrate, the average cost of a new car in the United States is $32,086. This means that for a buyer to put a down payment of 20 percent on a new car, they would need to have cash-on-hand of $6,417, an amount that the average consumer may not have on hand.
With this in mind, many people will look for a 0 down payment car loan or may request a minimum down payment on the car and finance the balance. The best way to start with lower car payments if you have bad credit is to pay as much up front as you can.
I Cannot Afford A Down Payment
It may not be possible for everyone with bad credit to put up a down payment.
In recent years, new vehicle inventory costs rose by an average of just over one percent for the fifth consecutive year after declining between 1998 and 2008 2.
However, many Americans are finding that their paychecks are not increasing to match the rising price of new cars. This promotes buying a car with bad credit and no money down.
Victims of a car accident can find themselves without a down payment right after an insurance company totals their car. The small payoff will not replace the car they lost. Financing a car with bad credit and no money down is their first option.
Valley Auto Loans finds loan packages for people like this with bad credit issues and loan programs for low-income auto loans to many people who make $1,500 or more a month and have a steady low-income job.
Our auto loan application allows you to enter the amount you would like to use as a down payment, from zero down to what you think you can afford.
The lender will see this when they review your application and will take that into consideration when making you a loan offer. That way you are matched with a lender that fits your needs.
Remember that a bad credit auto loan lender looks at your job history and income above your credit score. Fill out the application as accurately as possible to improve your chances of a better interest rate.
Lenders tend to accept higher risk loans at the beginning of each month to fill their loan quota for that month. Applying at the start of a month may improve your chances of getting a better loan if you have a lower credit score.
How Do Zero Down Auto Loans Work?
- Some dealers will ask for a down payment anyway
- Dealers will apply your trade-in to a down payment
- Roll the down payment into the borrowed amount
0 down payment car dealers may advertise low mileage certified used cars with a warranty, then ask to include a down payment on the loan. Without actually committing false advertising, the car salesperson may request the customer to make a small down payment to buy a vehicle. This is because the financing is done through a third-party bank or lender, and they require a down payment.
However, car dealers have figured out ways 3 that customers do not have to come up with the cash to make a down payment, which is why they can boldly say, zero down car loans.
0 Down Cars & Trade-Ins
Even though the person did not have to come up with the cash, they did have to use the value of their trade-in. When the no money down car dealers advertise that they offer a zero down car financing program (to qualified buyers), it may be legal, and is a great pull to bring in customers, but, in this case, it is not true.
Under Water or negative equity, with 0 down car loans, the amount the buyer owes on their car loan after paying for two or three years is more than the car is actually worth.
If a down payment were given at the beginning, the buyer could often sell the vehicle for a price that will allow them to pay off the loan. In the case of zero down auto loans, this is often not the case.
The car may be falling apart with no repair warranties, but the owner cannot afford to give it up, and all the while they are still making payments on their ‘fantastic’ zero down payment car loan. If making a down payment of any kind is out of the question, a good lease agreement is far better than this type of debt spiral.
Some new car lease deals can supply you with a car that has affordable payments, then at the end of the lease you could choose the lease buyout option to own the car and can get an auto loan to pay for it.
Many zero down car deals are made for convenience. An impulse decision to purchase a car without planning ahead can lead someone into cars with no down payment because they have not taken the time to put together a good down payment.
Zero Down Car Financing Lenders
Companies that finance auto loans consider no money down car loans riskier than loans where the buyer paid a down payment.
This is because,
- The buyer has invested money in the car and is more likely to keep up the monthly payments.
- Statistics show that buyers who choose zero down auto loans are more likely to default on the loan.
- Lenders may give the loan, but the interest rate could be very high.
- If the price is greater than the value of the car, lenders will most likely not give the loan because if the buyer defaults, the lender is stuck with an under valued car.
Tips For Choosing The Best Car Loan
Before deciding to purchase a 0 down payment car loan, it is critical to understand your financial situation. If you have a below average credit rating and need a car loan with a good APR, the first step is to check your credit report to be sure you qualify for a car loan. If your credit is less than perfect, you can still obtain financing although your interest rate may be higher than someone with perfect credit. It may be harder to get financing with poor credit if you do not have a down payment.
Valley Auto Loans uses lenders who specialize in auto loans for people with subprime credit scores.
These lenders look closer at the applicant’s ability to pay back the loan with a steady job and not rely on the credit score for the determining factor.
Many dealers and lenders are using a new credit score report that will have a different credit score than the one you see.
We do recommend, correcting any problems on your credit report before going shopping for a new vehicle is strongly advised. You will also need to provide proof of income and address to the lender when you apply for the loan, so be sure to have that information available and take the right steps to reconstruct your credit score.
Sell Your Old Car
If you have an old car that you are considering trading in to purchase a new one, it is often better financially if you sell the car yourself, especially if the car is in excellent condition with low mileage. However, if your car has mechanical problems or is in poor condition, it may be difficult to sell. In that case, it is better to trade in your current vehicle at the dealer to lower your down payment when financing.
Keep in mind that no matter what condition the vehicle is in, the dealer will offer less than the trade-in value. You will need to factor that in when determining how much you will have for a down payment if part of that down payment is the trade-in.
Lower Monthly Costs
You should try to give a decent down payment to lower your monthly payments. However, what many consumers do not know is that a lender can do some things to get the monthly payment where you need it to be to fit your budget, so you do not have to write a down payment check.
If your credit rating is high enough, they can lower the interest rate, or they can offer a longer term of the loan, allowing you to pay for six years rather than five, for example.
Therefore, other options are available if you do not have a large down payment or would prefer not putting a large sum down on a vehicle initially. This can also be offered if you are simply refinancing your car for lower payments. Use our loan payment calculator to help find the best monthly payments and what size down payment is best for you.
During certain times of the year, many auto manufacturers and dealers offer cash rebates on specific vehicle models to boost sales. A cash rebate is a good way to put a down payment on a car without having to take money out of your pocket.
Some dealers even offer discounts on new car leases as well, but they do not serve as cash on signing or a down payment. In those cases, the money often goes to the dealer who then applies the rebate as a lower down payment or a lower monthly payment on the lease.
- Some dealers will not tell you about the rebates but use them in the negotiating price that you may find out later at the signing so ask about them during price negotiating.
- Also, check to see if the car you are considering is eligible for tax credits for alternative fuel or electric vehicles.
- The tax incentives could easily pay back the money you use for your down payment, so it is like not having to lose the cash down payment you came up with.
Financial Company Benefits
Financial companies prefer down payments as it provides them with cash at the beginning of the loan so that if the buyer defaults, they still have money collected.
A down payment also offsets the instant depreciation on a new car so that if there is an accident or if the buyer defaults, the finance company does not suffer as great a loss. No money down car loans cost more.
This is why many lenders offer lower interest rates to subprime credit buyers who provide higher down payments as it indicates a customer who is more likely to make payments regularly and on time than one who does not.
Beware of Dealer Financing
Whether you decide to put a down payment on a vehicle or trade one in, it is important to review all documents placed in front of you by the dealer.
Many times, buyers only focus on the purchase price of the car. Zero down auto loans leads people to believe they get the car for less.
- If you are financing the automobile through a dealer-based finance company, check all documents to be sure you are getting the right interest rate and that all deductions entered correctly. If you are using a trade-in as a down payment, check to be sure that the amount quoted you on your trade is the amount entered on all financial documents. Some dealers will enter a lower amount on records than they tell you.
- Ask about taxes and licenses fees as well; they could raise the cost of the vehicle. Consider negotiating the price of the car and leaving the dealership before discussing the financing to broker an even better deal. Again, if possible, arrange to finance before going to the dealer to eliminate deceptive practices or in-house auto loans, when you are purchasing the vehicle.
- Buying a new car is exciting, but it is important to understand the many aspects of financing the vehicle as well. Not every lender or dealer requires down payments for those of high risk to qualify to finance a vehicle.
- Obtain your financing before arrival at the dealership to make the car buying experience even less stressful and you will most likely have a lower payment than a higher one.
Auto loan calculators can show you the tremendous benefit of paying as big of a down payment as you can afford and the effects of no down payment loans. Check our resource page to find this and other useful tools for applying for no money down bad credit car loans.
Zero Down Car Dealers, Marketing Ploy
Car dealers need to sell cars, and they will use every means to do so. 4 This means that they attract customers with their advertising of cars with zero down payments.
Then they get them attached to a particular car or model through test drives and sales pitches. By the time the buyer is in the office talking about payments from loan dealers, they realize that zero down car loans will not work for them.
The dealer is hoping that the consumer is so attached to the car that they will not walk away.
The main buying topic the dealer is pointing out may be the size of the monthly payment and not the interest rate or the total cost. Zero down cars are only a good deal if the total cost of all the payments represents the total value of the car to you.
Also, the credit score of the buyer plays a big part. Low-interest rates are only given to car buyers who have a high credit score. This is where the customer gets stuck. They are attracted to the vehicle, the no down payment car loan 5 and have no idea of the serious trouble they are walking into with the interest rate.
Statistics show that one out of ten car buyers just goes with the offer given by the no down payment car dealerships and their zero down auto loans.
They miss opportunities for better loans because they don’t compare offers.
No Down Payment Car Loans: The Bottom Line
So what have we learned?
- Putting as big a down payment on an auto loan as possible is the best option for reducing the cost of the car over the dealer who does not require one. In fact, any down payment is better than zero.
- If you have never been on a budget before, these concepts may seem very different to you. In any case, buyers should beware and go to the dealership with at least a little understanding of interest rates and the final cost of the loan.
- If you find yourself struggling to come up with a down payment you should consider setting up a “simple budget” to help you get the down payment for a car from the money you did not know you had.
Our resource page can also offer you other helpful information that can get you out of a dangerous situation and save you some money.
- We can show you how to get better gas mileage than you are getting with your existing car.
- Learn how to jump start a car with jumper cables if you have never done it.
- How to repair a tire with a plug kit you can get at any auto parts store
- Change your own wiper blades.
We do much more than just give financial advice and find people excellent auto loans, so check out the tools available.
Sometimes financing a car with no money down is the only option for some people, but making sure you are informed about the difference between 0 down car loans and a small down payment could help you make the right decision.
Valley Auto Loans can help you find the best auto loan for you. We offer safe no money down auto loans for those who need it, and most of our loans are designed to repair your credit as well as get you into a new car.
Car Finance For Good Credit
If you have no choice, and a zero down car loan puts you in a high payment situation, Valley Auto Loans can be the best company to refinance your car loan after your credit improves in time or if you want to remove a cosigner off of your original auto loan.
You can fill out an auto refinance application online with no cost or obligation. You can also check out the Blog and Resources pages to help you make an informed decision for your 0 down payment car loan today.
Sources and Citations:
- http://www.carsdirect.com/used-car-prices/why-does-a-new-car-lose-value-after-its-driven-off-the-lot ↩
- http://247wallst.com/autos/2014/04/15/are-rising-car-prices-a-good-thing-for-the-economy/ ↩
- http://www.businessinsider.com/21-car-buying-scams-and-how-to-avoid-them-2012-10 ↩
- http://www.alternet.org/economy/8-ways-used-car-dealers-can-swindle-you ↩
- http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2013/01/low-car-payments-can-hurt-you/index.htm ↩